Registration – Objectives and Rules:
This Youth Conference was created to achieve the following objectives:
- To bring honor and glory to our Heavenly Father.
- To encourage young people to study The Word of God.
- To provide young people with the opportunity to speak with each other concerning God’s Word and its application in their lives.
- To build relationships between young people, young married couples, and older brethren and sisters.
- To provide an atmosphere away from the world and its influences so that young people can spiritually benefit from all time spent together.
This conference is designed for Bible students desiring and committed to learning more about God’s word. In order to maintain a spiritual focus around God’s word it is important that attendees are committed to the conference concept and all of the following guidelines and rules.
If you decide to attend the conference, you must agree to uphold the spirit and letter of these guidelines and rules. If you are not committed to any of the rules or guidelines described below, then please do not register for the conference. If the rules are not respected you may be asked to leave the conference and may be asked to refrain from coming to the conference in the future.
These guidelines and rules have been developed to:
- Support the pursuit of Youth Conference Objectives
- To facilitate the gathering of a large number of people with different needs
- To ensure safety
- To preserve the facility and grounds.
“Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others” Phil 2:4
- Full cooperation is to be given to committee and support staff at the conference. Prompt attendance is required at all scheduled activities unless the activity is marked as “optional”.
- All attendees must be on a camp site of the same gender and quiet by 11:15 PM and on their own site and lights out by 12:00 AM. The number of attendees present at any given campsite after 11:15 PM is not to exceed 12.
- Men and women are to stay out of tents of the opposite sex.
- The Yurts are off limits at all times and are to remained locked.
“Be holy in all manner of behavior, even as he which has called us is holy” (1 Pet. 1:15)
“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Phil. 4:8)
- Only Brethren that meet exclusively under the Birmingham Amended Statement of Faith (BASF) are allowed to pray, read, serve, lead, etc.
- All clothing should be modest, neat and tidy, free of tatters and tears at all times. Women will not wear bikinis, halter tops, short shorts, etc.
- Men are required to wear shirts at all times except at the beach.
- For all Discussion Groups and Classes:
- Women will wear a skirt to the knees or dress and Men should wear pants and a collared shirt to all discussion groups and classes. (Jeans and other appropriate casual wear may be worn during free time).
- No shorts or pajamas will be worn.
- Wear shoes or sandals to all functions, and closed toed shoes for sports.
- Sisters will wear a head covering during all classes and discussion groups.
- Note: It will get cold in the evenings, so warm clothing is highly recommended.
operation of the camp
- Camp groups are to operate together for camping, sleeping and eating arrangements. Sleep at your own site. Eat with your own group. Help with set up, cooking, dishes etc. Remember, camp coordinators are not your mothers!
use of grounds
Attendees must stay within the mapped area during the week of the campground unless given permission by a committee member to leave. The land outside the fence and gates does not belong to the camp. When on other land it is considered trespassing. The landowners will assume no responsibility for any injuries sustained by camp attendees that occur on the camp property or surrounding property. Any need to leave the camp should be for emergency purposes only. Please get permission from a committee member, and sign the sign out sheet with your name and time before leaving.
All garbage, which can be recycled must be separated and emptied into the appropriate marked bins. Do not deposit garbage on the grounds. It is to be placed in plastic bags and tied. Do not leave food or garbage out at night time because it may attract wild animals and/ or bugs.
Do not cut or trim any trees.
Licensed drivers and vehicles may only use the access roads to campsites when setting up and breaking down camp. Otherwise vehicles are not allowed around the campsites, they must remain in the parking lot. Arnaz program center speed is 5 M.P.H.
Do not bring or use any of the following at camp:
- Cigarettes or tobacco
- Alcoholic beverages
- Drugs (other than prescribed by a physician)
- Electronic toys or equipment for leisure and entertainment
- Fire arms and fireworks are not allowed on the ground at any times.
- Laptops, phones, tablets, etc. may only be used for Bile study purposes.
- Only songs in the Youth Conference Song Book or the Green Christadelphian Hymn Book may be sung.
By clicking next you confirm that you have read and agree to all of the rules and will abide by them while at camp.